Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Inspiration: Day 3 - Bloggers Around the World!

I would be perfectly content traveling the world (and probably even settling down and living in Italy) for the rest of my life. But something tells me this dream of mine will never come true :) Oh well. A girl can dream, can't she?

These are two of my favorite blogs for different reasons, but both are written by women who live overseas.

Life of an Expat Parent
Written by one of my older sister's college roommates, we will call her The Foreigner, this blog is a must read (for parents and the childless alike). She moved to England after college graduation and fell in love (and stayed). It is such a sweet story and now she is a parent to beautiful 9 month old baby girl! She is quite witty and I love reading her posts (though I cannot relate to the "parent" bit). Her story inspires me because, though I do not know what it is like to permanently live across the pond, I do know what it is like to live 1000 miles away from my family. Not that I would trade my life here for anything, there are times being so far away from loved ones is terribly difficult and causes a little heartache. But, I know, I know, it comes with the territory. Amazing friends help make being so far away from family tolerable. Anywho...I cannot even imagine living across the pond from them! The Foreigner is truly an inspiration! You should stop by and read about a day in the life of an Expat Brit.

Simply Semplicita
I love this blog for a completely different reason than I love The Foreigner's. I truly believe I was Italian in another life :) I had to be. Anywho, back to why this blog inspires me (please refer back to the very first line of this post). Lauren travels, cooks and lives every bit of the Italian life in Rome. Her blog has a little bit of everything. Her typical day trip is a dream for an Architecture lovah. She provides city guides for places she goes (even if you never plan on going to these places, you should check them out because they are fascinating!) And she balances friends and family on multiple continents. Amazing. I hope to be at least half as well traveled as she is one day! A girl can dream, can't she? :)

Where have you been lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment