Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

So with a little over a day to spare, I checked the last remaining item off of my to-do over break list! I tried the Shrimp Scampi recipe (courtesy of The Pioneer Woman) last night! Shocking I know, but I actually cooked dinner. And Scott seemed to like it (and went back for seconds) so I consider it a success! The Pioneer Woman's version is much more pleasing to the eye, but mine ended up tasting surprisingly well! I made just 2 changes to her recipe - I used whole wheat angel hair and did not use any basil. I also made the whole box of pasta, so there are some serious leftovers. It ended up being a great, flavorful, almost-summery meal and I highly recommend trying it sometime. Here a few snapshots to prove that even a novice cook can make this meal happen :)


We ate dinner out on our screened back patio and watched the sunset :)
And it is back to class for me tomorrow! Break just flew by (hopefully Summer Semester will too).

No comments:

Post a Comment