Friday, May 27, 2011

It has been one of those....

Have you ever heard anyone say that before? Someone says that it has been one of those ..... mornings? days? weeks? months? years?

I have. In fact, I am guilty of saying it. Actually, I just now thought it to myself, "It has been one of those weeks."

Shame on me.

So, I had a rough week at work. And it is only the first week of class of the semester and I already have a ton of work to do/feel behind already. And I have not physically felt 100%. And my car battery died last night in the school parking lot (had to have it jumped not once or twice, but three times in order to make it to work this morning). And I have been an emotional basket case (please tells me the emotions calm down after the wedding planning is over and we are married, pleaseeeee).

Please notice how the above list does not include anything life threatening, seriously health related or traumatizing. If it did, then maybe I would have something to complain about. But relatively speaking, in the grand scheme of things, I should not be complaining about a single thing. I am so blessed and take it for granted so often. Scott and I are healthy. We are gainfully employed. Our family and friends are healthy (and we get to see them this weekend). What more can we ask for? Life is good. For so many others, life is not so good. My high school classmate, for instance, who lost her father this week, has every right to complain. As does the cancer patient and so many others who are fighting for every breath. So who am I to complain?

People. It is always something. It always has been and always will be. Always. Deal with it and move on. When I finally made it to the car dealership this morning to get my new battery, I indulged in half of a cake doughnut with chocolate icing in the lobby, read some case law, and caught a few minutes of Gaga in concert on Good Morning America. I call that living the dream, folks.

At the risk of sounding cliché, don't sweat the small stuff. The next time you think you are having a bad day, week or month, think again. And be grateful for what you have and enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment